If this is your first visit find the very first post in the archive and start reading there, it will make more sense.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Radiator

Its a little hard to see but I found this crack on one of the tabs that bolt the radiator up to the frame when I was cleaning it and getting it ready for paint.  I have been so bad at taking pictures of the process that after I fixed it I forgot to take another photo. I did get the final product after paint. I used JB Weld and clamped the piece back together and let it set up. It may hold or may not I have had some pretty good luck with JB on radiators in the past so I hope it works.
 There is the radiator bolted up, this model year bike only had one radiator on the left side unlike most other bikes and bikes now that have one on each side of the frame.

It almost looks unbalanced but from what I remember it was not noticeable having the rad on just one side.

No comments: