If this is your first visit find the very first post in the archive and start reading there, it will make more sense.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Wheels....more and less

Just a quick note, I have not had a ton of time to work on things this week even though I think about what I could be doing and what I want to do with it and the parts that I haven't got yet or the ones I haven't even ordered yet and which ones I should order first....Well it will come in time, I'm just not the most patient person when I know what I want.
For the time that I did have out in the man cave I took the rear tire off the rim and proceeded to work that over.  This is what I found..-->
I have never seen the inside of a rim look like this.  That's a lot of corrosion for aluminium. The good news is I don't have to worry about cleaning it up.







The bad news is that I could only get 8 of the 50 or so spokes to come out.  The rest will have to be cut out with the saws all. I may get to that tomorrow.

No comments: