|This is the donor, I had already removed the seat and tank at this point.|
The tank is rough on the donor but I think it can be restored to look as good or better then the one on the restore KX. the seat needs a new cover, the fenders are shot, the side plates are possible restore parts and the front plate has been replaced with new.
This is the rear brake hose I had in place on the restore bike. The original cover was discolored and in bad shape so I removed it and just left the black hose exposed as it looked good just like that. The front hose guide was broken and I was just waiting on finding a new part to replace that with. You can see the guide only has one screw holding it in place.
Here you can see that I used the hose off the donor bike and also the hose guide, now it looks more like the stock parts when it was new.
In this shot you can see that I finally got my hands on a mud flap, This part was proving to be very hard to find, thanks to my new donor I have one that is in very nice shape. After cleaning this up and putting it on the restore KX I found the one that came with it when I brought it home, It is rough but will work well enough on the donor for riding around.