If this is your first visit find the very first post in the archive and start reading there, it will make more sense.

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Beginning

Here it is, the $500 beauty. 
All in all I was pretty happy to find this all in one piece. I have been looking for a long time for project bikes and don't come across very many of them. This one was in the right spot at the right time and it has my current number on it so I pretty much had to have it.  The guy was asking $650 for it and even though I wanted it pretty bad I really didn't want to pay that for it. I took $600 with me.  Upon inspection of the bike I found that the shock was blown out and the wrong one for the model as well as all the bearings being gone so the swing are just fell down when lifting the bike.  I expected it to be in bad shape so at least I wasn't surprised.  I offered the guy $400 and we settled on $500. The one thing that did surprise me was that it started on the first kick! WOW!  It sounded quite good too, nice tight 125 Braap, didn't even rattle. That was a big plus even though I would have bought it not running. Soon the tare down will begin.

No comments: